Psalm 73:26

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion."

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Clinch Drill

Today I got level 1 certified in Modern Army Combatives. The culminating event is what is known as the clinch drill. This consists of you getting into a ring with a puncher (who is wearing boxing gloves) and you have to close the distance between you and him and achieve one of four clinch techniques. You have to do this four different times, and the drill only stops when you achieve the clinch. Thankfully, only a few people got injured although several got their bells rung.

I'm glad its over...now we only have a combatives tourney tomorrow, graduation rehearsal on Monday, and graduation on Tuesday.

I can't wait to see you guys in Idaho.

Love,
Will

1 comment:

Shannon said...

congrads Will. we knew you would do awesome. Sorry we'll miss you in Idaho but we are looking forward to seeing Danae and the girls and then all of you in July
Love Ya
Shanon, Levi, Hannah and Little Peanut