Psalm 73:26

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion."

Sunday, February 22, 2009

2 Weeks to Go

Today is a happy and sad day. Our friend Shirley and her two girls, Melody and Gracie, are going back to their home in Little Rock, AR. Her husband, Jason, has less than a month left to finish up the project of building the border fence and then he will join them. It was really cute watching the girls say goodbye to each other. Kierra even gave away her two favorite stuffed animals to them as a parting gift. She said, "God wants us to share our toys with our friends..." Too cute! That's my girl!

Anyways, we are close to leaving too. I have my final written exam tomorrow...and then we have a final air battle (simulation exercise) later this week. I am finishing up the events required to earn the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge. We have the high jump and a sprint event on Tuesday. I am the Officer In Charge (OIC) of it so I have a few people who have to make up events throughout the rest of the week...but that will be nice to finish that up. We also are getting level 1 certified in combatives which we have a week and a half left of. The final event is called "the clinch drill" where we get in the ring with someone with boxing gloves on, and they hit us until we can achieve a move called "the clinch." That is next Thursday...it should be fun.

Now the tedius details of clearing the installation and packing up all that we brought come into play. Danae has been a little sick this past week so it has been hard for her to get started on everything. Kierra is doing great in school and she is even saying some spanish prayers now! I'm proud of both my girls for how quickly they learn things and how great their attitudes have been despite moving around across the country. We are all just very thankful to be together as a family.

Little Brookie did a face plant yesterday and cut up her lip a bit. She is doing well, but there was a lot of blood for such a little cut! She was tough about it though... :)

For those of you at home, thought you might want to know that I will be preaching at our church, Central Valley, on March 22nd. For those of you across the world, I'll try to snag a copy of one of the sermons and post it to the blog. :) (Some have asked for it in the past...)

Can't wait to get back to cold Idaho...

Love,
Will

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so pround of Kierra. God has truly touched her heart at such a young age. I would not be suprised if she becomes a missionary. I can't wait for you all to closer to us on this side of the US and for our two soon to be new members of the family to be so close in age. Hang in their Danae! Try some bubble water it might work a little. God bless you five. I love you

Unknown said...

I wish I could be there at CVBC to hear your preach and see the church family!

kelsey. said...

i'm so ready for you to come too!

The Fifes said...

I would LOVE to hear your sermon on your blog if you are able to get a copy of it! Am keeping you and your family in my prayers during this time of transition in your lives.