Psalm 73:26

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion."

Monday, August 17, 2009

7 Years of Marriage

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. It's amazing to me that when we first got married we thought we were "so in love" and had no idea what love really was. We did love each other then, but I think that we both would agree that our understanding of what it means to love has grown and matured throughout these past 7 years to the point now where we can honestly say that we love each other more and more each day.

God has truly blessed our marriage. Danae and I have had to face difficulties that many couples will never have to face...like the fact that just 3 months ago we went over the "been together more months than apart" time frame. I've had to miss a lot of things over the past 7 years (because of the military) but God has granted us the grace and dependence upon Him to get thru everything and with His help our marriage is stronger than ever.

Love and Respect - this is something that Danae and I are both committed to doing for each other. She knows that I need respect as a man and I know that she needs/craves love as a woman. Anytime we have disagreements we try to fall back on this principle and it usually solves whatever issue has occurred.

Thank you Lord for the past 7 years with my wife. Please help me to love her even more for the rest of our lives. Amen.

I love you Danae! You always be my Lady!

The Mr.

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

So sweet! CONGRATS on seven wonderful years together!