Psalm 73:26

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion."

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Air Assault!!

Yesterday I graduated Air Assault school which is a 10 1/2 day school where you get hazed (you do a ton of physical exercises for getting in trouble) and you learn about what it means to be part of the only Air Assault Division in the world. It is kind of cool to be part of this tradition that we are all very proud of. :)

The culminating event is a 12 mile road march with body armor, weapon, and an assault pack. Basically 55 lbs of gear on...I did it in 2 hrs and 26 minutes...the standard is 3 hrs or less. I've been very fortunate to have been able to go to so many schools in the very early stages of my officer career. This will probably be my last school for a little while tho...I'm glad to be able to get back with my platoon.

Life is going great here in TN. God is blessing us and showing us how He wants to use us here. Looking forward to the days ahead as we pursue an awesome and Holy God.

Love and miss you guys.

Will

No comments: